Logo

Logo

Homes my clients rented

Homes my clients rented

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Tainted Love: Are managers forced to defend their properties reputations at apartment rating sites?

First let me began by stating emphatically that I have never done with the title of this post suggests. With that said, I certainly understand it and I clearly recognize the motivation. The postings can be particularly brutal for us property managers. This is mainly because the vast majority of criticisms are from disgruntled, axe grinding renters that too often use the forum for what reads less like constructive recommendations and more like defamation.

So, is it simply inexcusable dishonesty to offset a negative post with a creatively developed positive rating? Or in such a highly competitive industry, can we classify it as marketing self defense at its best?