Logo

Logo

Homes my clients rented

Homes my clients rented

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Glean....

My best friend and I are studying the Book of Ruth. I’m thinking…. this is a story in the Bible that captures the very essence of warm fuzziness and delivers it with eloquence. One of the most interesting points in the story is when Ruth sets out to work or “glean” in a field to feed herself and elderly Mother–in-law Naomi. (Ruth 2:2-4) Impressively, she approached an enterprising mission with a level of humility that inspires me to re-evaluate my own career ambition in the apartment industry. I had to ask myself a tough question when I faced challenges like Ruth & Naomi, through prayer I discovered a strong answer….glean.

Ruth’s Gleaning: To pick up small amounts of crops left in a field after they have been cut and collected by the farmer.

My Gleaning: Approach business with a level of humility that will inspire my team, and residents.